Friday, April 19, 2013

Hyderabad Heritage Week - At Taramati Baradari

Went to the Taramati Baradari, a place I really like for some reason, with Vasu, Geeta, her mother and Ishan, Shobha and Anjali to enjoy the week long Heritage celebrations.

On show that day was Ecstasy by Strings, a sitar performance by Vinod Singh, Irfan Khan and Naveen Kumar with Uday Kumar on tabla. This was followed by Kasanna from Hubli with Hindustani vocals and then came the ghazals.

All programs were to be 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at historic venues like the Golconda fort, Taramati Baradari, Chowmahalla palace and the Qutb Shahi tombs. The location itself was worth it. Entry was free. (I saw one newspaper article that referred to Taramati Baradari as Taramati Baramati!)

There were 15 people at the venue and at the highest count perhaps 40. The performances were lovely, the setting simply superb and magical under the night sky. I enjoyed all that I could view before I left at 9 p.m. I wish I'd know it earlier, might have seen more. Vasu was the one who told me about it and invited me. Superb stuff and I only wish the AP Tourism Department promotes the same a bit more. Next year certainly.

No comments: