Thursday, February 16, 2012

Song of the day - Musafir Hoon Yaaron

This song from Parichay always picks up the spirits. Deeply philosophical on one hand and melodious to listen to, 'Musafir Hoon Yaaron' also has Jeetendra in an unlikely role of a slightly introverted teacher. It leaves one feeling upbeat, peppy and optimistic about life.

'Musafir hoon yaaron, na ghar hai na thikana,
Mujhe chalte jaana hai, Bas chalte jaana'

'Ek raah ruk gayi toh aur jud gayi,
Main muda to saath saath raah mud gayi,
Hawa ke paron par mera aashiyana'

'Din ne haath thaam kar, idhar bitha liya,
Raat ne ishare se, udhar bula liya,
Subah se shaam se mera dostana'

I must have seen the movie when I was a kid but it left a deep impact on me. Lots of shots of the open sky through trees, Jeetendra looking up to the heavens as he walks by. None more so than this song for its melody, lyrics and the feeling of freedom and openness. Great one for the day.

Click the link to enjoy the song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GDG7E1fUkU

2 comments:

Rajendra said...

My favourite. Narrowly missed out becoming my blog name (to Madhosh Kiye Jaa).

Harimohan said...

Raja, Mine too. I think its the one movie where I really liked Jeetendra. He looked very sincere and fit the role perfectly.