Sunday, February 19, 2012

Song of the day - Gaadi Bula Rahi Hai

I heard this song first when a senior of ours at St. Gabriel's High School, Kazipet, sang it on stage for our Annual Day. It remained with me ever since. I had no clue which movie it was from and who the actors were. Just that lilting, rhythmic sounds of the train, the happy and hope filled sound of the song that filled my eleven year old heart. I heard the song here and there after and always remembered the magic of that moment when I first heard it.

Now, I see the video and find an amazingly handsome Dharmendra tavelling in the train as the titles flash by of the 1974 film 'Dost'. The lyrics cleverly use the train as a metaphor for life. It fits the travel collection anyday with its upbeat mood and sense of adventure and reflection. Listen and enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i46jlVrrwdQ

No comments: