Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Anjali - Interview with a 4 year old

I decided to interview Anjali a couple of days ago and asked her if I could. She instantly agreed and suggested that it might be a good idea if we sat on the sofa in the living room where it would be more comfortable than my room. Once there, we started.
Me: What do you like the most?
Anjali: (After some doubt whether it included all sorts of things) Banana.

Me: What do you like doing the most?
Anjali: Jumping from high places. (Her favorite pastime is jumping from the sofa these days).

Me: Who do you like playing with the most?
Anjali: Manasi. (Her best friend from school whom she loves soooo much)

Me: What do you play with her?
Anjali: Who will eat fast.

Me: What games do you like?
Anjali: We love opening buttons and shutting buttons fast.

Me: Do you like books?
Anjali: Yeah.

Me: Which ones?
Anjali: Pepper.

Me: Who are your favourite cartoon characters?
Anjali: Nomita (from Doraemon)

Me: Why?
Anjali: Because he always does things on his . So funny.

Me: Do you like laughing?
Anjali (nodding): Also everyone smiles and they also laugh.

Me: Crying?
Anjali: Then everyone starts crying. I don't feel good when they cry.

Me: What is your favorite food?
Anjali: Chicken biryani, rice and chips. Ice creams, but I am afraid I'll get a cold.

Me: Do you like your school?
Anjali: Yes.

Me: Why?
Anjali: Because they put all happy designs and all that. That's why I love the school. I love playing in my school with my friends.

Me: What songs do you like?
Anjali: 'Gardner plants a seed.' Maybe, 'there's a rainbow in the sky' as well.

Me: Your favorite movies?
Anjali: Nemo, Lion King, Pooh.

Me: Why?
Anjali: Because they are so funny. Nemo is not listening to his father.

Me: What do you like doing at home?
Anjali: Pretending to be a fairy with my Mom and Dad. Playing with my Mom and Dad.

Me: What is your favorite toy?
Anjali: Chikky.

Me: Any thing else that you would like to have?
Anjali (confirming): What we don't have at home? Maybe a Barbie doll (she has some six). Or maybe playing cards.

Me: What do you think of your nanna?
Anjali: I think I love my Daddy. Because he does not shout at me. He gives me everything.

Me: What do you think of amma?
Anjali: She gives me all whatever I want for breakfast and lunch. She cooks whatever I ask her. And whatever I want she gives it to me. I love my Mom too.

Me: What do you think your Dad does?
Anjali: Work. On the computer. Typing.

Me: And what do you think your Mom does?
Anjali: Work. With her aunties.

Me: Your best friend?
Anjali: Manasi.

Me: Who loves you most in class?
Anjali: Manasi. We both love each other.

Me: What do you think of life?
Anjali: Life? I don't know.

Anjali's interview of me
Now that she had the hang of things Anjali asked me a question.
Anjali: If you are scared, what do you do?
Me: (not knowing what to answer) Perhaps I will see what is it that is scaring me a bit more closely. Maybe it is is not so scary at all. But if it still scary, I get scared.

She nodded and ended the rather short interview.

7 comments:

Asr said...

Simple and straight from the heart. Beautiful. Beats any celebrity interview.

Harimohan said...

Asr,
It really is. The best interview I have done yet. What I liked best was the readiness and keenness to do the interview and the seriousness with which she did it.

Surya Prakash said...

I saw the joy on your face Harimohan and means a lot.

Spend as much time as you can with her.

It helps.

Harimohan said...

Thanks Prakash garu. The nature of my work allows me to do that. We do enjoy our time with each other - interviews and all.

Rajendra said...

Children's day special?

Gowri Bhavadas said...

Beautiful.....kids' answers are so simple and straightforward....so much to learn from them I guess :)

Harimohan said...

I agree Gowri. Totally uninhibited and original stuff.